Vici MVC is a MVC Web Application Framework for .NET 2.0 or higher.
It runs on the low-level ASP.NET layer provided by the .NET Framework, but does not use ASP.NET WebForms and Controls.
The framework is controller-centric as opposed to the view-centric architecture of ASP.NET WebForms. This allows web applications to be built according to the MVC pattern with minimal effort. The unnatural and overly complicated event model of ASP.NET is a thing of the past.
Vici MVC emphasises on:
- Complete separation of concerns
- Ease of use
- Minimal configuration requirements
- Integration with any data access technology
- Easy deployment ("XCOPY deployment")
Changes since (ProMesh.NET) v1.2
- New powerful URL routing engine. Also supports "extension-less" URLs with IIS 7.0 or IIS 6.0 (with wildcard mapping or URL rewriting)
- Support for view components ("inline" controllers with templated views)
- Support for sub-templates with parameters
- Support for template macros
- Configurable template syntax
- Full C# 2.0 expression supported in templates
- New template language syntax (the old one is still supported)
- Philippe Leybaert (Lead developer)
- Björn Bailleul
- Niels Rymenams